Wild mustard is in full bloom in St. Helena. Photographers and artists flock to Napa Valley to capture its beauty. It’s pure gold!
March 8th – March 10th, capture the beauty through a photographer’s lens at St. Helena’s Welcome Center for a pop-up artist exhibit. Enjoy local wines paired with mustard-inspired snacks.
From January through March, discover the enchantment of mustard season in St. Helena! Choose your hotel based on your proximity to picturesque views that will leave you starry-eyed for mustard.
- The Inn at Salvestrin, where luxury meets authenticity with unparalleled vineyard views at a working winery. This 4-room historic Victorian Inn overlooks Dr. Crane Vineyard, one of Napa Valley’s oldest vineyards.
- Listed on Travel + Leisure’s Top 15 Readers’ Favorite Resorts in California in 2023, Harvest Inn feels straight out of a storybook with rustic elegance and charm. Each vineyard room boasts vineyard views and some with private jacuzzi hot tubs. Harvest Inn’s February offers and packages are worth a look.
- Strike gold in Napa Valley’s golden season at a fan-favorite, Southbridge Napa Valley. As a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, expect spacious rooms, spa amenities, and impeccable customer service. You’ll be within walking distance of St. Helena’s restaurants, shopping, and nearby vineyards for an Instagram-worthy mustard shot.
With so many wineries to love, where do you start? Embark on a wine enthusiast’s dream journey up above the valley floor at Long Meadow Ranch’s Mountain Estate. Home to mountain vineyards and wine caves, nestled high above Napa Valley, along with olive groves, horses, and a family grown edible garden. For a more budget friendly way to enjoy Long Meadow Ranch wines, enjoy the wine and food pairing or soil tasting experience at Farmstead.
Terrace tastings are a must during wild mustard season. Embracing technology, sustainability, and a “spare no expense approach” to winemaking – the wines and tasting experience at Vineyard 29 are exceptional. Gaze from Vineyard 29’s terrace before embarking on one of Napa Valley’s most interesting and educational tasting experiences.
With two sisters at the helm of their family winery, Peju Napa Valley captures your attention before you even sip. From teddy bear sunflowers lining the entrance and sculpture garden for exploring, it’s no surprise they received Trip Advisor Travelers’ Choice award in 2023. Insider tip: The mustard views are spectacular from their 2nd-floor tasting room deck.
For some, the way to their heart is through their stomach. Explore four must-try culinary experiences in the Napa Valley.
Rise and shine with inspiration at ÆRENA Galleries and Gardens. Book a private gallery tour and enjoy a light breakfast at your leisurely pace as you ingest breathtaking art as the world wakes. Rather stay in bed? Celebrate the golden hour with an exclusive sip and stroll through the gallery admiring contemporary art, metal art, sculptures, and more.
The jewels of mustard season have arrived just in time for Valentine’s Day. Diamonds, stones, charms, to watches, St. Helena’s Historic Shopping District is a known source for one-of-a-kind jewelry.
- Shop craftsman timepieces at Palladium, and estate jewelry at Patina.
- Pink sapphires, aquamarine, and emeralds are just a few of the stunning jewels hand-crafted for timeless rings, earrings, and more at AF Jewelers.
- Engravings, diamonds, and bespoke creations found at ER Sawyer, the I love You Store.
The preserved Historic Shopping District of St. Helena provides a glimpse into Napa Valley’s history, heritage, and lifestyle. From its stone sidewalks and national historical place markers, St. Helena’s architecture dates back to the late 1800s when horse-drawn carriages moved grapes and the railroad brought in goods. Learn more about the history on a self-guided historical walking tour by the St. Helena Historical Society. Visiting the first Saturday of the month? Just one block off Main Street, a visit to St. Helena’s Heritage Center tells the story of immigration, prohibition, and grape growing.