Stay At Home Order:
Marketing & Communications Resources:
If our local and member businesses need help pivoting their marketing and communications as a result of COVID-19 to meet the changing needs of customers, employees, and stakeholders, the St. Helena Chamber has the resources for you.
Tools & Tips for Social Media
Tools & Tips for PR & Marketing
- The St. Helena Gift Card Challenge! Email Amy@sthelena.com for more information.
One-stop-shop for businesses needing a gift card platform, or consumers wanting to support businesses now with gift card purchases for later use.
Workplace Health and Safety:
Reduced Work Hours or Potential Layoffs:
- California EDD’s UI Work Sharing Program
This program allows employers to seek an alternative to layoffs, retaining their trained employees by reducing their hours and wages that can be partially offset with UI benefits.
- US SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
Guidance for businesses and employers, government contracting, and local assistance information is available from the US Small Business Administration.
- California EDD Rapid Response Services for Businesses
Employers planning a closure or major layoffs as a result of the coronavirus can get help through the Rapid Response program. For more information explore other alternatives from California EDD to laying off employees.
- Storefront Safety Tips For Your Business
If you close and/or vacate your business for an extended period of time, follow these important steps for crime prevention.
- To avoid attracting negative activity at your business, if you choose to post an exterior sign to notify customers you are closed, please add this important language: This space is monitored by the [insert local police department or sheriff].
- Tape an interior-facing phone contact list at all entry and exits into your business to provide quick contacts for first responders. This should not be visible from the exterior.
- Notify your alarm company of the extended absence.
Health Plan Resources:
- California Franchise Tax Board
The Franchise Tax Board (FTB) announced updated special tax relief for all California taxpayersdue to the COVID-19 pandemic. FTB is postponing until July 15 the filing and payment deadlines for all individuals and business entities for:
- 2019 tax returns
- 2019 tax return payments
- 2020 1st and 2nd quarter estimate payments
- 2020 LLC taxes and fees
- 2020 Non-wage withholding payments
- California EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center
Employers experiencing a hardship as a result of COVID-19 may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. A written request for extension must be received within 60 days from the original delinquent date of the payment or return.
- U.S. Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
The U.S. Treasury Department and (IRS) have issued guidance allowing all individual and other non-corporate tax filers to defer up to $1 million of federal income tax (including self-employment tax) payments due on April 15, 2020, until July 15, 2020, without penalties.
Food & Beverage Industry: