If you thought summertime was the best time to be in Napa Valley, think again. As the fall colors gently take over the vineyards, the temperatures stay in the high 70s (we love California!) and the smell of crush permeates the air, it can only mean one thing…Napa Harvest has arrived!If you thought summertime was the best time to be in Napa Valley, think again. As the fall colors gently take over the vineyards, the temperatures stay in the high 70s (we love California!) and the smell of crush permeates the air, it can only mean one thing…Napa Harvest has arrived!
We encourage visitors to book as many outdoor experiences as their schedule allows! Sure you can hike and bike to your heart’s content, but we were thinking more of wine, food and lawn games. Come sip your favorite wines outside and have fun with your friends and family at these St. Helena stops!
- Beringer’s Bocce: Play the game on the winery’s famous lawn. Explore Rhine house and relax with your friends and family. At the Reserve tasting bar in the beautiful historic Rhine House, choose three wines from a selection of award-winning Reserve, Single Vineyard, and small case production wines. Walk-ins welcomed until 4:45 pm daily.
- Meadowood: The luxury hotel features TWO croquet lawns for guests to play. Cool off with a dip in the hotel’s new pool after a friendly game. For many first-time visitors to Meadowood, the term “croquet” evokes memories of whacking weathered wooden balls over bumpy backyard terrain. But that old childhood pastime is nothing like the adult game played at Meadowood. The resort’s two championship croquet lawns sport immaculately manicured grass resembling putting greens, where shots roll as smoothly as balls on a billiards table.
- Provenance Winery: They specialize in small-lot Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Sauvignon Blanc wines that showcase the unique personalities of their respective vineyards. Taste their handcrafted wines on the beautiful patio with a view of the surrounding Napa Valley. Pick up a friendly game of Corn hole, Connect Four and Bocce with some wine in hand!
- Trinchero Napa Valley: Play a game of bocce outside while enjoying breathtaking views. Sit amongst a fire pit, sipping a glass, play a round with your friends. This winery showcases the Trinchero’s flagship and premium more limited production wines from their family-owned vineyards in the Napa Valley.Choose from eight different tasting experiences at the chicly modern winery.
- Titus Vineyards: Titus Vineyards’ Vista Room offers a stunning view of their 50-acre vineyard estate, showcasing the beauty and wonder of this valley of dreams. Each seated, semi-private experience is approximately one hour in duration, during which you will be guided through a curated selection of truly exceptional Napa Valley wines while gazing at the very vines from which the wines are made.Want to stay a little longer? A game of bocce is the perfect way to continue to soak of those views!
- Markham Vineyards: You know what our favorite pairing is? A glass filled with Markham wine and a challenge to an epic wine-filled game of cornhole! Their olive tree-shaded courtyard is a relaxed place to sit back and watch a game or enjoy one yourself. Enjoy their Estate Tasting on the patio and enjoy five single-vineyard estate and small production wines. These wines honor their heritage and 140+ years of history. They are only found at the winery.