The City of St. Helena is located in the center of the world famous wine growing Napa Valley, 65 miles north of San Francisco.
The area was settled in 1834 as part of General Vallejo’s land grant. The City of St. Helena was incorporated as a City on March 24, 1876 and reincorporated on May 14, 1889.
The City from its inception has served as a rural agricultural center. Over the years, with the growth and development of the wine industry, the City has become an important business and banking center for the wine industry. The City also receives many visitors as a result of the wine industry and the area’s scenic qualities. The main goal of the City is to maintain a small-town atmosphere and to provide quality services to its citizens.