10 Things You Can Do Today To Maximize Your Membership
1. Post to the Events Calendar
Post upcoming visitor facing events only on the community calendar free of charge. Events will post within 24 hours. Please note submitter’s name and email will be hidden from public view.
- Visit sthelena.com, click on TO DO tab at the top of the page
- Find Calendar of Events and open
- Scroll to bottom, fill out events form
- Click Submit to finish!
2. Have Your Event in the Weekly e-Blast
2500 business owners and locals want to know what goes on about town! Keep everyone in the know by submitting events and news bits, and we’ll spread the word for you. E-blasts hit the streets on Tuesdays. Please have your content to Susan (email@example.com) no later than 12 noon the Sunday prior. Content sent in the body of an email, a Word doc, or JPEG files accepted.
3. Gain Exposure in Our Welcome Center
Hospitality staff will process more than 50,000 email, phone and visitor inquiries a year from consumers seeking more information about local products and services. Make sure your business is represented!
- Rack Cards: Drop off at the Welcome Center and leave us your contact information for refills. Make sure we stay up-to-date!
- Flyers & Posters: Event posters and flyers may be dropped off at Welcome Center for display.
- Display Items: Let us know if you have something special to add to the Welcome Center! We welcome interesting and beautiful display items. Contact Susan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to coordinate placement.
4. Backlink to Sthelena.com
We need your help to increase our website traffic. Adding a backlink on your website to Sthelena.com, increases our traffic and yours too! Add sthelena.com to any of your local pages for visitors to learn more about what St. Helena has to offer. Check out this article for more information on adding backlinks.
5. Schedule a Site Visit
We want to know everything that makes your business special. Our Concierge will reach out within the first two months of new membership to schedule your initial site visit. If you would like a revisit further into membership, just let us know!
6. Obtain a Certificate of Origin
Certificates of Origin can be authenticated in the Welcome Center during regular business hours. Upon request, a template can be emailed in advance.
- Platinum, Gold and Silver Members: $0
- Bronze Members: $10
- Non-Members: $200
7. Update Content on Sthelena.com
The Chamber has developed a comprehensive and engaging website targeting visitors and businesses alike. Investing in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for our website enables all of our members to leverage our increased traffic to their own websites and social medial channels.
Keeping current and accurate is vital to your business. Please submit content updates to Susan email@example.com at any time.
8. Be on the Insider Track
The St. Helena Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based association of business people organized to enhance the local economy and the St. Helena brand for the direct and indirect benefit of its members and the community. Participating in one of our committees is the fastest way to understand and be involved with the inner workings of the community. Marketing Committee, Advocacy Committee or Community Relations – Where do your talents lie?
9. Join I the St. Helena Hospitality Network
St. Helena Hospitality Network is designed to cross pollinate our businesses and educate all front-line staff about our surrounding wineries, restaurants, shops and everything in between. Day Trips provide a great way to showcase the best of your business to servers, bartenders, retail associates and tasting room staff.
10. Use our Boilerplate Description in your press releases
“St. Helena is Napa Valley’s Main Street. Situated in the center of wine country, St. Helena offers sophisticated experiences including boutique wineries, highly acclaimed restaurants, luxury lodging and spas, agrotourism adventures, and refined shopping – all with the authenticity of the original Napa Valley. Home to the Culinary Institute of America (CIA), one of the world’s most unique and inspiring campuses for culinary education, St. Helena today leads food and wine trends in the Valley and beyond. More information can be found at sthelena.com, on Facebook, or on Twitter @StHelenaCA, and pin to our board at Visit St. Helena on Pinterest.”